"The English Channel" Band's First Show at Epcot



"The English Channel" band has landed here at Epcot, in the U.K. pavilion!
The band replaced the very famous "British Invasion", which was know as one of the best entertainment bands of Epcot. This new band does not only perform songs from the Beatles. They also include famous songs from other very well-known English bands, such as "Dave Clark Five, Led Zeppelin, The Who" and many others.

Here you are OTPN's official video of the very first performance of the band, on Tuesday May 3rd, 2011, exactly at 3:00 P.M.:


What do you think? Aren't they great singers? Even though the only band that I know, among the ones they chose, are the Beatles (yes, I don't listen to rock music), I am aware that their voices are really similar to the ones of the real English singers. They were really great persons, from what we were able to see. They were very friendly, and after each show, they were available to take pictures with the public.

Here you are some photos of "The English Channel" band (the link takes you to their official website):





During and after the show, many managers were seen having fun watching the new show, probably to evaluate if this new band would work inside Epcot, and we think that the response was more than positive, especially from the person that you heard at the end of our video!


The new English Channel is a welcome addition to Epcot's entertainment lineup. Check them out  on your next visit! They've got many shows each hour or so, starting at 3:00 P.M.

3 comments:

  1. Great selection of songs, for which I applaud them. However, vocally they were okay, but not great.
    The closest to the original artist was Gordon Sumner (String from The Police)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The group is nothing special. Just a garage/bar band with a repertoire of songs originally performed by British groups. They are adequate singers/musicians but not what I've come to expect from Disney. Hearing them I don't feel like I'm in the UK. I feel like I'm on the patio of a corner bar from my hometown. A vacation to WDW is not cheap and I expect a lot for the price of my admission. I can see/hear the same, if not better, at local venues for much less money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow dont be so judgemental! They've only just started at Epcot! Give them time- and it's Sting not String!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.