Amazing: Ursula arrives at Disney California Adventure


An amazing news from Disney California Adventure: Ursula, the Little Mermaid's antagonist, just arrived at the park, and let me tell you, she looks great! Take a look at this behind-the-scenes look at this amazing Audio-Animatronic figure (that will also show up at the Magic Kingdom when our version of the ride will be completed, in 2012), courtesy of the official Disney Parks Blog:



Ursula Moves Into Her Lair at Disney California Adventure

The infamous evil sea witch, Ursula, has taken her place inside The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure attraction opening June 3 at Disney California Adventure park. When you’re on the attraction, you can’t miss her. She’s 7 ½ feet tall and 12 feet wide! Of course, the Disney Parks Blog was there to capture this exciting day! Come with us behind-the-scenes as we show you Ursula being installed, and meet some members of the amazing team of Walt Disney Imagineers who brought Ursula to “life.”






Isn't that amazing? I mean, her movements are so fluid, and she's so realistic that I even wondered if she was really an Audio-Animatronic or a real person!! This new ride will surely be a blast. We can't wait to see our version, called "Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid"! What do you think?

All info and pictures are subject to the copyright of the Walt Disney ® Company. All rights reserved.

4 comments:

  1. Wow... she seems live!!!

    I only hope it doesn't make the end of the Bigfoot in Mission Everest!!!

    I really hope Walt Disney Imagineers learn the lesson!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing piece of work, much like Bigfoot my second thought aside from "Oh Wow!" was "No Disco Ursula"!

    I can't wait to see the ride threw video and see the one in Orlando myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fluid AA has been done long before this, hence my personal lack of "oh wow" factor. Not saying it doesn't look really good, but I mean 7 years removed from Revenge of The Mummy, AA tech *should* look that good, you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't get me wrong. This AA is amazing, but im not surprised by it. By the way, the Mummy AA in Revenge of the Mummy is terrible. It looks so fake and it moves exactly like a robot would. Its a very bad AA. Disney makes their AA's so much better than Universal

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.