Advisory #2 - Grad Nite update for Walt Disney World


Advisory ~ Grad Nite Updates

Another advisory for today, concerning the Grad Nite, that used to be held at Walt Disney World:



We recognize that Grad Nite has become a rite of passage for high school seniors and are proud to have hosted this special event for 39 years. Given changing business dynamics and a desire to provide graduates more flexibility in celebrating with us, this year’s [2011] Disney’s Grad Nite will be our last at Walt Disney World Resort. 
As springtime leisure travel has increased, it has become more challenging to strike the right balance between meeting the needs of day guests and scheduling special events. 
Recently, we have seen more students visit Walt Disney World as part of a broader senior class trip. By emphasizing personalization and customization, we’re able to provide special pricing, giving teens the flexibility to celebrate their achievements in ways that are meaningful and at times that are more convenient.
Over the years, we have significantly increased the frequency and types of programming offered specifically for students. In addition, activities such as youth sports competitions, performing arts workshops, performance and festivals, and educational programs now give students several opportunities to experience Walt Disney World virtually any time of the year.
In Florida, school groups may continue the tradition of celebrating seniors at Walt Disney World with a comparably priced, special one-day, one-park ticket for $55 which is valid anytime of the year. Additionally, the Disney Youth Programs team can arrange customized experiences, including specialty merchandise, food and beverage options and on-site accommodations for school groups coming from any state.



Can I express my own opinion? I'm actually very, very happy to hear that. Grad Nites were very difficult for both cast members and other guests (that were forced to leave earlier because of that). In addition to that, We've heard (from people that actually went to Grad Nites) that, among some of the students that were attending the event, there have been instances of people throwing garbage inside the rides, breaking thematic elements, and other things that make me very sad.

In my opinion, that's the way to go, Walt Disney World! Disneyland in California will surely follow these steps, if they're smart. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. It's really sad to hear about seniors defacing Disney World like that! As a senior myself, that just disgusts me. Then again, I feel I'm more mature than most 12th graders, and I have a deep love and respect of the world of theme parks. I'm going to Grad Bash this year, but I will NOT take advantage of it and just mess up the park. That's just immature.
    It makes sense for Disney to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, when I went to Grad Nite back in '04, I enjoyed it. I thought it was an awesome deal for Disney to do for seniors who are graduating, kind of a send-off present. I also considered it like a funeral for the death of true innocence, as you were about to head out into the real world and all the tricks and traps within. ;)

    Anyway, I'm not surprised about trash being thrown and thematic elements being broken by seniors. I've read stories of people smoking on the rides (and not just cigarettes), amongst other things. They just need to regulate these things better, or cut down attendance and roll back hours to allow normal guests to stay longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a sad day for seniors to come! i never got to go with my class & i always pland to all my days in school now my kid was going to be a senior in 2012 & she just showed me this news again how sad this is not a good thing at all i will never look at DISNEY WORLD the same you will never get my money anymore i will go to tampa's bush gardens for now on its time to boycott DISNEY WORLD !!!!! ps i was going to go this summer to DISNEY WORLD all goto sea world 1st

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.