Animal Kingdom July 2010 update (part 1)


Here's finally a new update on Disney's Animal Kingdom!
As I said many times, even though I'm a nature-lover, Animal Kingdom still doesn't meet our standards for being an Orlando theme park. It has 12 years and it's still poor of attractions.
Blame the economy, blame Disney or whoever you think it is, but it's still not enough rides.
They used to call Animal Kingdom "NATAZU" (not a zoo), but I think they should have called it "JASTAZU" (just a zoo)..... They need to do something with it!!

Anyway, yesterday Animal Kingdom amazed me. It was a gorgeous Florida day with no sun, many beautiful clouds, a bit too humid of course, but great. Crowds were very limited in the afternoon. All the animals (but the Gorillas, I don't know why) were outside, and the safari was GREAT!!! I saw every single animal! The lion was even roaring, rhinos were crossing the road with a baby, Hippos were out of the water (that is something great, they're very difficult to see out of the water!) like we were in the real Savannah.

Now, on to the pictures!:




The theming is great:



I hope the Discovery River boats will come back one day:


It's the enormous Tree of Life:





I've never seen this dinner before:





No more central Fastpass:


We don't need a Fastpass for 3D movies!!
Philarmagic: NO MORE FP;
Captain EO/ HISTA: NO MORE FP;
Muppet*Vision 3D: NEVER HAD IT (actually, somebody said that it had the FP, but for a very brief time);
.... and It's tough to be a Bug:


In the evening it was pretty empty, which was great:



Some pictures of Pizzafari:










Africa:





I've never noticed these before:











The Safari had a 10 minute wait all the afternoon:




Okapi:


I love Meerkats!!:




Works on Beastly Kingdomme:


Ah ah!! Got you!

The Tree of Life:









Yak and Yeti:





12 comments:

  1. I agree, movies don't need Fastpasses!
    A- waste of paper
    B- more confusion
    People just need to come back at the correct movie time.

    As for not meeting the standards of an Orlando park... I think it should just because its Disney :D hahaha but on the other hand i agree that it needs ALOT of help. I kinda feel sorry for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Pizzafari! I go every time I'm at AK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As ever this report is fantastic!
    AK is beautiful especially for those who loves animal, green and relax.
    AK host mine best 3d show: Is tough to be a Bug. It's fantastic, from the A to the Z: you start the queue as a normal person and by the way you proceed to the attraction all the proportion near you makes feel you ever smaller until you come inside the anthill waiting to enter in the real "projection cave.
    The show is fantastic and make you feel like part of the show and not just a viewer.
    I hope that our fantastic OTPN administrator will be in AK, he will take some shot about what I'm talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.. wait... I realize just now that this is just the part 1 of the report, so maybe Samuele could donate me a beautiful gift with some shot of the I.T.T.A.B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say that I do not know of a better "Themed Park"in US or Europe.Yes it could do with more attractions but makes up for it in Themeing and Everest.Its the perfect place if you just want to be entertaint and relax.Also 2 of the best shows at WDW (Nemo+Lion King)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everybody for the comments! As I said in my post, Animal Kingdom has one of the highest potential to become one of Orlando's BEST theme parks. It just need A LOT of help, as Imagineer87 said....

    @ Bigfoot: You guessed right! This is only PART 1...

    @ Robert: I know that AK is fantastic in theming, but without an acceptable number of attractions (at least 25) I do not consider it a full day park. It's a zoo tight now.... But that doesn't mean it's bad. It's great, just not as complete as the other parks in the area... If it was outside Orlando, it would have been a major hit, but in Orlando.... we have so many parks that you have to offer the best you can...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muppets 3D did have fP for a brief time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks for telling me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really think its how you start your day at AK.If you go rushing from one attraction to the next its no fun.I always take my time and enjoy, well, just being there.I always visit Orlando for usually 3 weeks and still manage to go to AK for at least 3 or 4 full days but I have noticed that mny dont even have the time to eat a meal without rushing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3 or 4 days? Well, I have to say it's a lot of time you spend there!
    Since I live here, after 4 hours I'm done at AK, unless it's a gorgeous day like yesterday, when all the animals are outside and it's not crowded....
    But I agree with you, many people just rush through the park, even though you've to keep in mind that many have maximum one week to see all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. MuppetVision 3*D had fastpass for at least a year. Heck even the one in DCA had it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great update! Thanks for the Pizzafari pics, I love that place! I wish I could spend more time at Animal Kingdom and really explore the park, but it is so hot (even in Dec.)and it seems more "hilly" that it makes my asthma kick into overdrive and I never manage more then a few hours there. So thanks for letting me see what I'm missing :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.